About Commercial Lamp Supplies
We are a well established and successful family business set up more than twelve years ago in Exeter, Devon and offer a nationwide service to all types of customers both large and small, trade and domestic.
We stock a massive range of lamps and tubes mostly made by the large household name manufacturers like Philips, Osram, GE, Sylvannia, Crompton, BLV, Prolite and of course Megaman, a new kid on the block but rapidly growing a reputation for excellent low energy products.
We also have lesser know names such as Smilite or Smilight dependent on how you like to spell it.
Please call us if you are at all unsure of the lamps you want, or for advice on what would be the best lamp to use in order to produce the lighting you would like. This is particularly important if you are looking at low energy lighting. There is such a wide range of low energy long life light bulbs available that we can tackle most problems successfully these days.
It is this personal service that separates us from our competitors, we actively encourage our customers to talk to us. We need the web site for you to find us and provide useful information for you to browse, but we do like to interact with our customers as we find it helps to ensure you get exactly what you want with the minimum for fuss.
We don’t have a call centre, you will get a real live person answering the phones.
Our opening hours are from 8am to 5 pm daily and whether you call, email or fax you will get a prompt response and some sensible advice.
We aim to deliver next day and use overnight carriers to do this. Sometimes this is not possible because items may be temporarily out of stock, or if the order is received late in the day and the warehouse is very busy.
We are not a multinational conglomerate and do sometimes get overwhelmed, such as when the clocks go back. If this happens we will try to contact you if your order is going to be delayed by more than 24 hours.
We are mindful that many people are cautious about buying online, if you are worried please call us and you can deal directly with a person.
In order to reassure potential customers that we are a reputable Company we do the following:
- Commercial lamp Supplies has an ISO 9000 quality mark which is regularly and independently audited to ensure we maintain the proper standards of service.
- We also pay for a Thawte certificate on the web site this shows to our new customers that we have been “checked out” by the Thawte organisation and that we are a bona fide company with a sound track record of proper and ethical business. It also means that when your credit card details are sent over the Internet they are encrypted in such a way as to make them totally secure.
- We maintain a news blog that customers can use to comment on our service and from time to time customers allow us to use their comments as testimonials.
- We do not keep any credit card information, once your order is dispatched and received satisfactorily we destroy the information you provided.
- We are particularly careful that any sensitive information is shredded.